- The agency applying for AAAN Full and Associate Membership must be incorporated as a Limited Liability Company with a minimum share capital of N10 Million (full members) and N5 Million (associate members) verifiable through the audited accounts of the Company or Corporate Affairs Office, using the AAAN Solicitor.
- The Office location of an agency applying for AAAN Full and Associate Membership must be able to earn respect for the profession and be easily accessible.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE He/she must be a registered (full) member of APCON (rpa) He/she must be a registered (associate) member of APCON.
He/she must have a minimum mandatory three-year agency experience at a managerial level from a member-agency. He/she must possess three-year agency managerial experience. Where two of his/her heads of departments do not have agency experience.
The required agency
experience must be from a member-agency.
The required agency experience may not necessarily be from a member – agency.
He/she must be registered (Associate) member of APCON (arpa) He/she must be registered (associate) member of APCON (arpa).
He/she must possess the mandatory two-year agency experience from a member agency.
He/she must possess the two–year mandatory agency experience, if the Chief Executive does not possess agency experience.
The required agency experience must be from a member – agency. The required agency experience may not necessarily be from a member – agency.
The applicant-agency must have a total account/ billing of N1,000,000 (One million naira only). The applicant-agency must have a total account/ billing of N500,000.00 (five hundred thousand naira only)
Contact reports/letters of appointment from clients should suffice and be taken as acceptable evidence. Contact reports/letters of appointment from clients should suffice and be taken as acceptable evidence.
References will be obtained on key staff of applicant-agency (Chief Executive and Heads of Departments). As in full membership.
PERIOD OF ASSOCIATE STATUS
- Minimum is two years while the maximum is five years based on favourable reports from the Education and Membership Committees, covering training programmes attended and re-inspection of the agency respectively.
Education Committee would provide training programmes for Associate Members and these would include the underlisted:
- Agency Administration – How to Run an Advertising Agency.
- Financial Management (Billing and Credit Control System).
- Legal Matters on Advertising/Corporate Affairs.
- To practice under the auspices of the AAAN
- To receive full agency commission
- To enjoy all other privileges of Full Membership apart from the eligibility to be voted for at Annual General Meetings.
- To use the AAAN Code.