The Committee of Women in Advertising tagged “WIA” was initiated by the Association about 10 years ago. The first Chairman of WIA is Mrs. Yinka Ogunde followed by Mrs. Bunmi Oke, Mrs. Tope Jemerigbe and Mrs. Abiodun Adefila. The Committee currently has a eleven (11) members.
The Committee’s current Advisers are Mr. Kelechi Nwosu and Mrs. Tope Jemerigbe.
The terms of reference of the Committees are as follows:
- To transform female practitioners into outstanding leaders who can contribute broadly to their firm’s success.
- To offer a mentoring and professional guidance to female practitioners.
- To organize events of interest which address women’s issues and offer an opportunity to network with other practitioners.
- To cater for the specific requirements of the female members.
- To encourage women in the practice to actively participate in the Association’s event.
The Committee recently held a social bonding/networking event tagged “Sisters not Strangers” on Saturday, March 19, 2022. It was a successful outing with an impressive turnout of almost 100 participants.
The Executive Secretary of WISCAR was invited to speak at the event.
At the end of the programme, a WIA social WhatsApp platform was created to follow up and engage with participants for future events as well as serve as an avenue to communicate regularly.
Two winners emerged during the social bonding/networking event to attend the Winbiz/WISCAR event. The winners will be sponsored by the Committee from the money realized from the social bonding/networking event.